Let’s face it; wine just tastes better in a sweater. Colorado’s wine country makes for a perfect fall getaway. Here are three reasons you’ll fall in love with Palisade.
- Snuggle up with a glass of wine – not strangers! Palisade is still relatively undiscovered, and the fall is the beginning of Palisade’s shoulder season which means fewer crowds than other popular fall destinations. Better yet, visit during the week, and it’ll feel like you have the vineyards and trails to yourself!
- Enjoy the perfect weather to play outside – Palisade is located in Colorado’s high desert, which means spring comes early, and fall is a little warmer than other parts of the state. Temperatures average a perfect 68 degrees during the month of October, perfect for touring vineyards or biking along the Palisade Rim Trail.
- Complete your fall bucket list – There are a lot of great fall activities in and around Palisade. You can not only cross a few items off your Fall Bucket List but likely add new ones you didn’t know you needed to experience.
- Take a cozy horse-drawn carriage ride through vineyards as you taste your way through Colorado’s wine country.
- Go leaf-peeping in Grand Mesa National Forest or take in the beautiful fall foliage on one of Palisade’s many hiking and biking trails.
- Savor Palisade’s fall harvest by going apple picking or trying fantastic farm-to-table culinary experiences.
- Get in the fall spirit with local events from the Grand Valley Half Marathon to Palisade’s Sunday farmer’s market.